Livewire FSXer is a small utility for setting up Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) for use with Livewire missions, and for continued use to make newly installed Livewire flights available in free-flight and multiplayer modes.
What You Need to Know
- It is a fully self-contained program. It can be downloaded to your system and run from anywhere. It requires no input...Just run it!
- You must read, understand and agree to the License Agreement found at the bottom of this page before using Livewire FSXer.
- As with all programs you download from the internet, please scan for viruses before running.
- It is only for Livewire pilots with FSX already installed.
- It only makes a single change to your FSX installation, by adding four new mission categories to FSX. It creates a backup of the only file it modifies.
- It installs the four banner images, used for the four new mission categories, in FSX.
- It installs the eight mission completion status images, two per division, in FSX.
- It makes any installed Livewire FSX flight sets available in free-flight and multiplayer modes. It can be run over and over for this purpose, as you install new LW FSX flight packages.
You must read, understand and agree to the License Agreement found at the bottom of this page before using Livewire FSXer.
As with all programs you download from the internet, please scan for viruses before running.
When sharing this program with others, never link directly to this download but rather to this page.
Click here to download LivewireFSXer.exe
Community support for Livewire FSXer is available in the Livewire Technical Support Forum. Be sure to include "FSXer" in the subject of the post.
Livewire FSXer when run
Livewire FSXer will enable the mission categories, install the banners for the four Livewire divisions, and install the eight completion status images.
Livewire FSXer will make previously installed official Livewire FSX flights available from free-flight and multiplayer
- LWFSXer edits the <FSX Root>\Categories\FSCategories.xml file to add four new mission categories, one for each Livewire division. It makes a backup of the FSCategories.xml file in the root of FSX with the name FSCategories.xml.bak. If for any reason you wish to revert to the original file, simply rename FSCategories.xml.bak to FSCategories.xml and copy it over the existing file in <FSX Root>\Categories\. This should never be necessary, however.
- By default, LWFSXer overwrites the fourLivewire banners in <FSX Root>\Categories\ each time it is run. This way, if new banners are made available inside new versions of LWFSXer, they will be installed when it is run. However, if you wish to prevent LWFSXer from overwriting the banners, run it with the parameter /nooverwritebanners. This is also true for the completion images. To prevent LWFSXer from overwriting the completion images, run it with the parameter /nooverwriteimages.
- The functionality that makes Livewire missions available in free-flight and multiplayer modes is very simple. All FSX flight packages you download from Livewire, when extracted, put the special free-flight files in the folder <FSX Root>\LivewireFlights\. LWFSXer simply moves these files to the proper location which is My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\. Because of this, whenever you install new Livewire flight packages, more files will be installed to <FSX Root>\LivewireFlights. LWFSXer can simply be run any time you install new flight packages, should you want those flights available in these non-mission modes. To make this easy, we recommend you put LivewireFSXer.exe in your FSX root folder for convenience.
- We currently include a batch file called Z-MoveLivewireFlights.bat in all Livewire FSX flight packages. This batch file can also be used to move the special free-flight files. However, due to limitations in the Windows command console, some computer configurations will cause the batch file to fail (such as having moved the location of your My Documents folder). LWFSXer, however, does not have problems in these situations. Additionally, the batch file performs none of the other features found in LWFSXer.
- The reason that this executable is so large is because it also contains the data for 12 images.
License Agreement for Livewire FSXer ("THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT")
This license agreement ("AGREEMENT") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Gregory S. Gursky d/b/a Bitspring ("BITSPRING") for THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. By exercising your rights to download, install, use or distribute THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this AGREEMENT. If you do not read, understand or agree to the terms of this AGREEMENT, you may not use THE SOFTWARE.
Should you accept the terms of this agreement, BITSPRING will grant you the personal and non-exclusive right to download, install and use THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any other materials provided in this package may not be modified in any way. THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT may not be redistributed in any format other than as packaged and released by BITSPRING and must be accompanied by this AGREEMENT.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE:
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all other materials distributed with this package are Copyright (c) 2006-2007 by Gregory S. Gursky d/b/a Bitspring.
No parts of THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT or other files provided in this package may be reproduced in part or in whole, except as provided in the License Agreement. You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notice from THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. You may not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except and solely to the extent an applicable statute expressly and specifically prohibits such restrictions) THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. You may not charge for distribution of THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT beyond the price of media and shipping.
THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT is in a pre-release evaluation format and is provided "AS IS". You agree that by accepting this license, you are expressly acknowledging that the use of this software is AT YOUR OWN RISK. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between BITSPRING and you and supersedes any other communications relating to THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
BITSPRING makes no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to this software and accompanying documentation.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GREGORY S. GURSKY D/B/A BITSPRING BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PROGRAM, EVEN IF GREGORY S. GURSKY D/B/A BITSPRING HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Livewire is a trademark of Livewire Programming, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Any product or brand names mentioned in this software and associated manuals and files are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.