Product Synopsis and Features
PARtriculation is a simple and powerful CLI (command-line interface) front-end for the PAR2 verification and repair features of Peter B. Clements' QuickPar. This allows the use of QuickPar's advancements over par2cmdline from the command-line environment with support for scanning multiple PAR2 sets with one operation, sequentially. In other words, PARtriculation will run QuickPar, once per each PAR2 set in a folder or folder structure, while obtaining the results and closing QuickPar when complete. Only one QuickPar operation is performed at a time so as to minimize hard drive thrashing.
- Launches QuickPar once for each PAR2 set in a folder, and optionally, recursively through every sub-folder below it.
- QuickPar can be displayed normally or hidden so as to maintain the appearance of fully CLI operation.
- QuickPar is launched for each PAR2 set, allowed to complete its operations, and is closed automatically before the next PAR2 set is processed.
- At the completion of operations, it prints a summary of the final state of each PAR2 set processed, including the number of blocks needed for damaged sets.
- Being CLI, it can be setup as a Windows scheduled task to process a folder at regular intervals (see the documentation).
- It can easily be added to Windows shell (Windows Explorer) context-menus using the third-party application Fast Explorer (see the documentation).
See the product documentation for further details. As the documentation is a preliminary effort, it is not yet included with the download package.